Saturday, April 9, 2016

Skipping Stones Tip/Technique Blog Hop

Hey everyone!!!
Happy Saturday!!
So I am back with a fun little blog hop from Skipping Stones Designs.
Today we are showing some of our favorite tips and techniques with you!!
So today I am sharing my fun tip for you and that is faux stitching.  Yeah I know there are a tone of stitched dies out there but if you don't want to make that investment I have a cheaper way for you.
Some of you may have done this and some may have not but it is something I love to do!!

 So to achieve this faux stitched look you will need a template if you do not have that a ruler and a paper piercer would work just as well!!

Once you have made your holes around your rectangle you take a fine tip marker and just go over the pierced hole with that and you have a great stitched look you could even use a colored marker to get the look of a colored thread.
 And here is the end result on my card!!
The stamp set I used is Heartsong.
I used distress inks and a stencil for my background!!
Please make sure to check out the other ladies creations.

8 comments:

  1. Love that background!!! Beautiful colors and technique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful background. Thank you for the tip. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty background for this butterfly and I like your faux stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this faux stitching technique and your pretty butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! This hop has been fantastic!!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the interest that faux stitching add to a card. Thanks for the tips on how to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the background you created for the butterfly, its gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card with a fabulous background and pretty butterfly! Love your faux stitching technique! Adds a great look to the card!

    ReplyDelete